Tuesday, October 19, 2004

喜歡陳綺貞

記不起自己為什麼會喜歡陳綺貞的音樂了。。。 就是喜歡她。

Picture a small petite girl, lugs a big guitar, and sings about A Coat in her wardrobe and her favourite Guitarist.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Taken from cheercover.com)

That's Cheer Chen Qi Zhen. She has a soothing, saccharine voice. Often listened to her stuff when I was down. Most of her songs made me feel even more depressed afterwards. So I wasn't exactly sure what made me want to listen to them time and again. But when the CD got to more up-beat numbers like "Guitarist", I'd feel slightly better. When it reached a slow number again, I'd go back to feeling sad. Just before it hit the last number/note, I'd most likely have fallen into a pleasant slumber. Left all troubles for the next day. Her music feels like comforting words of a close friend. I would play her CDs on a hot and stuffy day too. They have that cooling effect. :O

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
(Taken from Cheer's published book (LOMO camera shot))

Hope to get to watch her perform live soon.

Links:
Official site

Cheer Chen and friends

No comments: