Monday, December 11, 2006

Words of Convenience

A trivial note. Not a big deal. The 4-letter word- l-o-v-e. Not the other 4-letter word. But both words are similar in that they are often 'words of convenience'. To me, whispering 'I love you' to someone has the effect of saying 'Fuck you' to the person's face. It is effective in conveying particular emotions, but not to be whispered into someone's ears. I think, like "Fuck you", it is only viable when it is shouted out to the world. :) These words hold nothing of the sort of 'a great embodiment of ideals/aspirations', that everyone is led to believe.

It was a Hal Hartley movie, Trust, I think, that made up the summation- love = trust + respect + admiration. It is pretentious to think of 'love' as something greater than the sum of these 3 components.

To me, trust + respect + admiration > love.

No comments: