Friday, April 03, 2009

Fireworks Of Life

"You've led me to think as I've thought several times before, when you asked, "Is it worthwhile to die in this manner?"

Lives lost to military training/exercises, in the name of defense of a country.

A crazy world of countries saying to each other, "How do my defense measure up against your defense? I have XXX number of warheads vs your XXX number of warheads!"

A spark occurs. A small conflict of ideas. Defense turns into Offense in a flash.

All the Defense expended at once in a beautiful but mind-boggling display of fireworks.

And you call that the Fireworks of Life?

So what do you mean by Defense of a country? What is Defense? Defense and Offense may merely be relative terms. They mean the same thing."


I wrote the above in a notebook when I was about 15... 17? If a 17yr-old kid could understand the above, the true nature of what you deemed Defense. I don't get how everyone in this world could not see this very thin line humanity treads on currently. Of course, everything is more complicated. Have to be made more complicated.

To the North Korean missile test crisis.

No comments: