Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Chicken blows

Listened to a load of GBV albums the last couple days. Just realised I had subconsciously hummed the tune of Chicken Blows (a GBV song) while I was bathing earlier. The tune still swirls in my head now. The song contains some crazy ass lyrics, complete with heavy-snoring sound effects. Like most GBV songs, it is fairly catchy. Used to be helluv fun to listen to this crap on an empty bus when travelling home from school/work. Can't go back to the old days anymore, especially after The Invasion. And I have wondered who came up with the brilliant idea of 'force-feeding' innocent commuters on a bus with TV programmes+screeching static they may or may not want to view/listen. The least they could do is make a section of the bus TV-free or something. Here's to TV-free zone on buses!

Personality Tests are a big thing these days. I came across at least 2 such tests today: "How much of a devil are you?" and "The Sexy Test". So I decided to devise a sexy test of my own. Don't worry, you don't have to answer 200 questions for this one.

Basically you have only to answer one question... 
for The "Who gets a cookie from Fraggle?" Personality Test!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Dude and The Stranger (The Big Lebowski)

    Question: What do you think of the film "The Big Lebowski" (by the Coen Brothers)?
  1. I have seen it. I enjoy it.

  2. I have seen it. It sucks.

  3. I have seen it. I love it- yeah, The Big LempBiskit.

  4. I have not seen it. But it sounds interesting enough.

  5. I have not seen it. But I still think it sucks.

Now for the results... (drumroll)
Everyone with answers (1) and (4) gets A Cookie from Fraggle!

Now this story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early nineties-- just about the time of our conflict with Sad'm and the Eye-rackies. I only mention it 'cause some-times there's a man--I won't say a hee-ro, 'cause what's a hee-ro?--but sometimes there's a man... And I'm talkin' about the Dude here-- sometimes there's a man who, well, he's the man for his time'n place, he fits right in there--and that's the Dude, in Los Angeles.
-The Stranger (The Big Lebowski)

Sometimes (like once in a lifetime), there comes a film... that totally blows you away. And I'm talkin' about The Big Lebowski here-- it is a movie that you can use as a yardstick to gauge how well you 'connect' with another person. This is one such film. It sounds crazy to use a film to try to know the personality of a person but it is not. Take it from The Dude. :o)

Gotta run, for now.

No comments: